This year's Music & Family Fun Fest will take the place of old parent meetings which the ensemble directors could not attend because they were rehearsing, and the parent parties of the last two years when parents of young children found it difficult to attend an evening party.
Orchestras will have only had one rehearsal on Saturday, so the Orchestra Directors will have a little open rehearsal/demonstration and take time to talk to parents about their goals for the season and answer questions. Voices Rising and the Big Bands will have their first rehearsals on Sunday, which will be open to the public. At the end of each time slot or rehearsal, MYA Parent, Ann Cariola (Andrew, double bass, Concert Orchestra) has an Icebreaker game for all the students to get better acquainted with the students in their ensemble.
For everyone, there will be:
- A NOON performance by Fred & Teddi Koch and the 'Lil Cow Band, a little rock band by MYA Faculty members, geared to pre-school through early elementary aged students. Teddi directs our Music & Movement Classes, and Fred, our Little and Mighty Maestros. At the same time, Ronald McDonald will be visiting.
- A 4:30 PM JAZZ Performance by MYA Alum, Michael and John Fatum and their professional combo which includes other MYA Alums.
- Games: our famous Cake Walk, Bingo, a retro video game room, Bungee Run, Head to Head Basketball, Moon Rocket Bouncy Tent and more!
- Food: Starbuck's Southern Mac 'n Cheese Truck, Sunset Foods, and Bridie McKenna's
- $5 RAFFLE: Drawings every half hour! Prizes include: Season Tickets, an iPad, and lots of other donated items.