This is your chance to make a difference in the lives of many students through your gift of music! The position is listed below, please pass this on to anyone you know that may be interested. Thanks!
Children’s Choir Job Opening:
Conductor, Voices Rising
Midwest Young Artists (MYA) is looking for a Director/Conductor to provide leadership and oversee all facets of MYA’s Voices Rising choral ensemble. Possible additional teaching of Mini and Mighty Maestros.
Voices Rising Responsibilities include:
· Conducting Voices Rising (VR), MYA’s upper elementary, middle/junior high school chorus.
· Conducting weekly Sunday afternoon/evening rehearsals plus extra rehearsals as needed.
· Preparing VR for three MYA concerts in October, February and late April/early May each year.
· Preparing VR to sing with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra in Welcome Yule, their holiday performances at Symphony Center, in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of December each year.
· Recruiting students into all MYA Programs including handling auditions.
· Continuing the development of a choral/vocal program that is based on basic music education values and goals.
· Collaborating with other MYA Programs for concerts, rehearsals and tours.
Little and Mighty Maestros Responsibilities Include:
· Teaching of Mini Maestros, a K-2 grade music experience which includes singing, music and arts enrichment.
· Teaching of Mighty Maestros, a 3-4 grade music experience which includes singing, music and arts enrichment.
Experience Required: Degree in music education, or comparable training, and broad experience with stylistically varied choral repertoire. Ability to both inspire students and to create the highest quality music performances set in an educationally nurturing, socially-supportive and socially-responsible as well as organizationally and financially secure environment. Professional singing/conducting experience strongly preferred. The successful candidate will provide leadership for MYA’s choral/vocal program, which is seeking to develop in size as well as continue to be the highest quality of educational offerings, so good communication skills, organizational skills, and recruiting skills—including relationship-building with area school choral directors—are all very important.
Submit: resume, programs, a list of repertoire performed and references. No tapes at this time.
E-mail (preferred), mail or fax to: Midwest Young Artists, 878 Lyster Road, Highwood, IL 60040. Applications may be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Fax: 847-926-4787 Web-site: http://www.mya.org. Applications will be reviewed immediately. No telephone applications will be accepted.
Salary commensurate with experience. Part-time position based on $75/hour for contact conducting time. 2012-2013 Academic year Voices Rising payroll only—not including Mini and Mighty Maestro classes—will be in excess of $8,500.
Midwest Young Artists is the largest and most-comprehensive privately-run youth-music ensemble program in the Midwest. MYA is a full-curriculum music ensemble school. Presently, MYA has nine youth orchestras, more than 60 chamber music ensembles, three vocal ensembles, an all-inclusive jazz program, wind symphony, and an early childhood education program as well as classes in music theory and history. The program is for serious young musicians and dedicated amateurs. MYA is housed in its own state-of-the-art facility in the town of Fort Sheridan, which provides its students with large rehearsal halls, classrooms, a recording studio, and music library. MYA graduates are accepted at the most selective conservatories/colleges/universities in the country. Administrative website: www.mya.org; Podcasting Website: www.wmya.fm